9.09.2012

The best cookies you'll ever eat.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
I'm one of those people who can read a cookbook like a novel. Scratch that, I can read a baking cookbook like a novel, like it's the story of my weekends to come. Red velvet cakes with cream cheese frosting, the best chocolate layer cake you'll ever have, pie crusts and fruit galettes.

When M and I moved into the new apartment and noticed the neighbor's peach tree hanging over our fence, I began daydreaming about all of the muffins and pies I could bake with fresh peaches. Fresh peaches! In the city! It was a G-rated adult fairytale.

This is all to say that baked goods are the direct line to my heart. I understand that refined sugar is killing this country, but I can't help but keep the search alive for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. And I think I may have found mine. It was at a Labor Day party that M and I were invited to last minute; we were on our way out and there it was, the most beautiful cookie I'd ever seen sitting amongst its brethren (and next to another pile of imposters). I immediately noticed, upon first heavenly bite, that there were too many chocolate chips. Too many to be real! Too many to be fair! I must have grabbed the one cookie that got all of the chips and all the rest were destitute, empty. But this genius recipe calls for a "ridiculous amount of chocolate chips." I found that out after receiving an evening email several days after I shoved my email address into the baker's hands. So don't take this lightly. Make these only if you're prepared to see beauty and good personality come together at last. At last!
Kris's Big Ass Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup of softened BUTTA (2 sticks)
3/4 cup of brown sugar (the darker the better)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

DO IT: Mix all of these ingredients together.

2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

DO IT: Gradually mix in flour to wet mixture.

A ridiculous amount of chocolate chips

DO IT: Work these into the dough. Drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheet using an ice cream scooper. Bake each sheet for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. 

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Tracy @ Honey and Nutmeg said...

I am attending a cookie swap and I need a recipe and I may just go old fashion with a chocolate chip cookie!

honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com