2.10.2013

Made | Blizzard waffles

 A couple weekends ago, Mike and I rediscovered that we had a waffle maker, and I've been craving waffles ever since. That same day, we also used the last of our pancake mix and have yet to replace it. We don't make waffles or pancakes that often, so a box of mix usually lasts us right up until (or right after) the sell by date on the box, so we weren't exactly in a hurry to replace it. But there is just something about waking up to this:
and this:
that makes me want this:
So I typed "waffle recipe" into Google and found that making waffles from scratch is just as easy as making it from a box. And it actually tastes better. I'm never going back.

You'll need:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

I made half the recipe above, and was able to make three waffles yesterday and today.  Extra batter can be covered and stored in the fridge. 

Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy. Then mix in the other ingredients until combined well. Cook according to your iron's instructions. Top with bananas and these amazing coconut chips from Trader Joe's (they taste like the caramel delight girl scout cookies, but they're just coconut chips!).

Best served with coffee and an episode of Bones.

3 comments:

AbbieBabble said...

I MADE WAFFLES YESTERDAY TOO!

They really are the perfect blizzard food, aren't they?

Eliza :: Case Study said...

Oh my GOODNESS these look absolutely delicious. And the snow? I'll just try not to be insanely jealous ;) xoxo! Eliza

Olive Green Anna said...

Mel,

You take really great photos!

Have a good day!

Anna