3.05.2013

Here I am.

We got back a week ago Sunday. Docked in Bayonne and drove a few hours home, watching the weather turn from surprisingly mild and sunny to snowy and gray. Familiar. Our week away was everything we wanted it to be; there is magic in spending one-on-one time with someone you love for an extended period of time. No work. No phones. Nothing to do except read, sit on our balcony watching the ocean, lie on the beach or by the pool, make our way through the frozen drink list, play shuffle board. We've already booked another vacation for April 2014, and we're currently trying to recruit friends. I read something recently that said people get more enjoyment from the anticipation of a vacation than from the actual vacation, so we're looking to maximize that in 2013. I am grateful for time away and for a place to come back to that I love.

Here I am.

No comments: