3.26.2013

Making good.

There is something about the promise of spring, of warmth that makes the forgotten goals of the new year resurface with a new urgency. Recently I've had so many conversations about getting older, and while I by no means consider 26 to be old, I feel a responsibility toward myself, my body, my mind that I didn't feel at 24, 22, 19.

I'm inspired by these women and these women to live more simply and with more grace and responsibility toward myself. This morning I woke up before the sun and did yoga in the living room before my shower. I couldn't believe how much of a difference that made; I was so much more awake, enough so to make us an egg sandwich for breakfast instead of just a piece of toast. I know it's a long road to consistent healthy decisions, but I love the sense of accomplishment with even baby steps.

No comments: